December 05, 2013

378 Year Random Eleven


Below, you'll see I was going to post a story 3-1/2 years ago about this family farm in New Hampshire.  It never went beyond "draft" form because a number of months earlier I had sort of abandoned putting together blog posts here altogether.  I didn't intend to NEVER post again, but hey it got away from me.

Tonight I went to leave a comment on a relative's blog, and had to sign in through Google, and so I guess it identified me as Don the Blogger.  Out of a strangely sharp sense of curiosity I visited my own blog, feeling sort of like I was visiting a forgotten childhood home or something.

OK next, scrolling through my long list of unpublished tidbits, I saw the story of the family farm up for sale in New Hampshire, after running continuously since 1632:

"Hate seeing stories like this...
http://www.boston.com/news/local/new_hampshire/articles/2010/07/27/nations_oldest_running_family_farm_put_on_market_in_nh/?page=2"

I read the article from 2010 and then googled the farm to see when it was finally sold.  It just sold 3 weeks ago!  Huh.  See, I haven't missed much.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20131105-NEWS-131109882

Oh, and furthermore...

Back in 2010 I was publishing a "Random 11" songs I had heard that day on Pandora or wherever.  This article was apparently going to be one of those.  So OK:

Robert Plant and Alison Krause - Your Long Journey
Amandine - Faintest of Sparks
Chris Bathgate - The Last Parade On Anne St.
Colin Hay - Waiting for My Real Life To Begin
Laura Veirs - Wide-Eyed, Legless
Andrew Bird - Spare-Ohs
The Violet Archers - Simple
Rufus Wainwright - Hallelujah
David Bowie - Ashes To Ashes
The Cure - A Night Like This
The Milk Carton Kids - Undress The World


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home